PC Tan News
Small but mighty, the KBL Hurricane packs the tanning power and high-tech features to be the new highlight of your indoor tanning business and the best stand-up tanning option in your market.
The Hurricane’s stylish stand-up design and smaller frame will help you re-energize your space and revitalize your business, while its striking exterior draws in customers old and new.
Fifty 180w lamps with total tanning power of 9,000 watts will please even the most discerning tanners in the 11-minute exposure time. Comfort is never in question with the Hurricane’s powerful bodyCool fan, ACS Intelligent technology and central exhaust. megaVoice takes the customer’s perception of a futuristic tanning experience to the next level, as a pleasant voice guides them through the unit’s operating functions.
Optional vibraNano puts the icing on the cake, appealing to a whole new segment by incorporating a fitness routine into the tanning session. vibraNano utilizes a movement process that simulates walking, where the muscle reflexes of the right and left halves of the body are triggered in turns. In doing so, the muscles are activated in different ways, individually geared toward your customer‘s individual goals!
If you want to step up your stand-up tanning options and blow away the competition, the KBL Hurricane is the proven, potent and profitable unit your business needs.
Call PC Tan at 800-FAST-TAN for more information.
Eloquent design and high-end amenities make the KBL 4800 Alpha a sure way to display your commitment to providing the best tanning experience. Don’t worry; the appealing price tag can be our little secret.
The 4800 Alpha introduces a tanning experience that is pure pleasure. It is in every way a true KBL bed: visually stylish and modern while technically superior. The clear design language and consistent contours clearly reveal the family affiliation of the KBL 4800 Alpha while showcasing unique details and innovations as well as an attractive design. Take advantage of premium features offered at a powerfully attractive price!
The unit is fitted as standard with evoSystem2, the innovative reflectors in the facial area for even better performance distribution and two p2-vitamin-D tubes. In conjunction with the
latest technology, the pigment tubes achieve perfect skin-friendly tanning results and provide the body with enough essential vitamin D, while electronic ballasts reduce the energy consumptions of the tubes – eco-friendly and cost effective!
8,060 total lamp wattage, with adjustable, high-pressure facial lamps, provides abundant tanning power. Adjustable full-length body cooling vents, user-friendly glass control panel, megaVoice and MP3/SD card audio system amplify the stress-free and pleasurable tanning experience.
Simply put, the 4800 Alpha will be a dependable workhorse in your salon, with the eye-catching appearance and impressive features that assure tanners that they’re getting their money’s worth. And at a price that can’t be beat, the value to your business is unmistakable – it’s a guilt-free indulgence for you and your clients!
PC Tan, the industry leader in high-end tanning equipment is now a distributor of the Cocoon Wellness Pro exercise fitness system from Wellness USA.
With the automated Cocoon Wellness Pro, you can create original wellness protocols that will attract clients seeking to improve their personal wellness, improve their energy level, reduce stress, improve fitness, deep cleanse and achieve their ideal fitness goals.
The integration of Cocoon Wellness Pro in your business is very simple, no matter what your business configuration. The fully automated system offers the advantages of small floor space, providing intimacy and privacy. It does not require any particular installation, plumbing, or specific configuration – just a simple electrical outlet and you can immediately offer a wide range of automated wellness services.
Offering your clients luxurious private wellness has never been easier. Users simply recline on the comfortable ergonomic bed, select the session time, adjust the heat level, vibration and face air intensity, relax and enjoy physical fitness and wellness sessions from 20 to 30 minutes.
The Wellness market amounts to $3.4 trillion and will skyrocket in the next ten years. In the United States alone, there are 40 million core health and wellness consumers and there is a huge, untapped and unfulfilled market of 260 million periphery to mid-level persons who are unfit, exercise-challenged, overweight, stressed-out and/or unhappy consumers who deeply desire wellness.
The Cocoon Wellness Pro enables indoor tanning businesses to offer one-of-a-kind fitness and wellness services; an amazing opportunity that will quickly expand the traditional services offered.
For more information, call PC Tan at 800-FAST-TAN.
Get a jump-start on a successful 2017 at the PC Tan Expo, Jan. 14, at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights – less than 30 minutes from Manhattan.
The 2017 PC Tan Expo will feature the latest tanning and wellness equipment, brand new lotions, expert speakers, sunless certification and much more for an early bird registration rate of just $39.95. Special hotel room rates at the conference location are available at just $99.
“Your PC Tan family, your favorite lamp and lotion companies, and leading industry experts will be there to help you identify what you need to do to increase profitability in 2017,” PC Tan CEO Susan Miller says. “We’re looking forward to another high-energy, exciting event, close to the many attractions of New York City.”
Attendees will benefit from show specials on the latest equipment from KBL, uwe, Sportarredo, the Cocoon IR Wellness Pro System, and lamps and lotions from numerous industry-leading brands. Industry expert panels featuring one of the industry’s most successful entrepreneurs, Darque Tan CEO Robbie Segler, Smart Tan VP and American Suntanning Association advisor Joe Levy, and many others will help you solve your biggest challenges for 2017. Prize giveaways, gift bags, a gourmet lunch, and much more will also be part of the $39.95 package.
Featured exhibitors will include Australian Gold, California Tan, Cosmedico, Designer Skin, Devoted Creations, Ed Hardy, Fiesta Sun, Heraeus, KBL, MR International, Playboy, Pro Tan, Sportarredo, Supre Tan, Swedish Beauty, Sybaritic/Wellness USA, uwe, Wolff System, and many more.
Prior to the show, on Jan. 13, California Tan Sunless will offer a sunless certification course at the same location.
To register now, call 800-FAST-TAN or visit pctan.com.
We specialize in top-of-the-line equipment at PC Tan, but the best sunbeds in the world won’t get your business anywhere without lamps that are both effective and efficient. By knowing how to select the right lamps for the right equipment and how to properly maintain them, you’ll ensure optimal performance and longevity and that you’re getting the most out of your sunbed investments. With that in mind, let’s review some information and advice that should come in handy:
Fluorescent lamp configuration
- Bi-Pin = Two pins twist 90 degrees
- RDC = Black cap on end of lamp that pushes into one spring loaded socket and seats into stationary on opposite end
High-pressure lamp configuration
- Snap-in = Seats into spring loaded socket
- Plug-in = Seats into stationary socket
- Wire leads = Wire from each lamp end connects to terminal block
- Recommended to remove the fluorescent lamps and wipe down approximately every 2-3 hundred hours of operation to keep free from dust build-up which blocks tanning performance.
- In order to maximize the life and output of your tanning lamps, you’ll want to make sure you clean reflective surfaces behind the lamps each time you re-lamp.
- Periodically clean your acrylics and replace according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Maintaining proper room temperatures with adequate air conditioning and ventilation is important because higher room temperatures can shorten the life of a lamp and reduce its output.
- Incoming voltage is also important in maintaining lamp life. Low voltage will reduce the effectiveness of the tanning while high voltage will reduce the life of the lamp.
Changing your lamps
- Always refer to equipment manual to obtain manufacturer’s useful tanning hours on lamps and replacement procedures.
Types of lamps
- Low pressure = fluorescent tube — wattage range from 25 to 250
- High pressure = quartz — wattage range from 250 to 2000
- High output (HO) lamps operate on an 80-100w ballast that generates between 800 and 1000 milliamps.
- Very High output (VHO) lamps operate on a 160w or higher ballast that generates 1,500 or more milliamps. VHO lamps usually produce 30% more output than HO lamps, and consume 60% more energy. Because of this, VHO lamp life is generally shorter than that of HO lamps.
Tips from the Source
As a leading producer of high-quality lamps, nobody knows more about care and functionality of your lamps than Cosmedico. Here are a few extra tips from their experts:
- Tanning lamps are glass and can break easily. Please be careful when unpacking and installing your new lamps.
- The lamps get hot while in operation. Be sure to allow the lamps ample time to cool down before you touch them.
- As the weather gets warmer, it is important to clean all vents and fans so that proper cool is applied to your tanning units and lamps.
- Don’t forget to change your starters! With HO equipment, you should replace glo-bottle starters every 2-3 lamp changes and VHO units should be done every other lamp change.
We strive every day to always exceed your expectations by going above and beyond. If you have any questions about lamps, or anything else, just give us a call at 1-800-FAST-TAN.
On Saturday Jan. 17, PC Tan Vice President of Sales Eric Haynes welcomed hundreds of tanning salon owners and salon consultants from all over the country who started their year off at the 2015 PC Tan Expo. continue reading…
(RIDGEFIELD, N.J.) – On January 18, PC Tan proudly welcomed hundreds of tanning salon owners and salon consultants to the PC Tan Expo, the first tanning show of 2014!
Want to upgrade an existing level but don’t want to incur expensive construction costs? No problem! The new iSun by uwe is just 90”x53” allowing you to add or update a current level without having to build a new larger room.
RIDGEFIELD, NJ—MARCH 15, 2013—On a recent trip to Germany, Susan Miller, CEO of PC Tan, was presented with an “Award of Excellence” for outstanding performance during the first year of importing from KBL®. KBL America is widely respected by customers and industry members alike for its elite line of indoor tanning equipment.